Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Report: It's Raining - Awards!

I was not at Worcester this weekend so I do not have any news of the FAWC nature but have a few items that I need to forward to you all.

Congratulations to the Mitchells on the birth of their daughter – well done guys!!

I was at the Soaring Society AGM at Magaliesburg at the weekend. I will be doing a full report to all members for the Krautkorant but really must stress to the members what a fantastic job the Exco are doing for the Gliding fraternity! The time that these people put into the movement voluntarily to save money and hassles for all of us is invaluable. Mike Pascoe (as one of the Exco members) attended too and will support me in what I have stated.


A wonderful surprise were the awards received by members of our Club. Nominations were forwarded by Alan O’Regan (thank you Alan) and the SSSA Safety award went to Andre Leeb-du Toit for his publication of the manual “Cloudbase”!

The Pilot of the Year Award went to Sven Olivier for his FAI 1000km.

A proud moment indeed and well done both of you!

I also brought back FAI Centenary Gliding Weeks Certificates for the Southern Hemispere for

Sven Olivier – Club Class
Peter Farrell – 15m Class
Alan O’Regan – Standard Class

All winners in their Class! Congratulations to all of you.

Until next week…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home